Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Now that is funny

A little funny from the animal saga.  If you follow, you will recall that Hank the Tank II a/k/a the Precious had his manhood removed last Tuesday.  Jay picked him up on Wednesday.  At pick-up, Hank pulled, drug and yanked the vet technician all the way down the hallway.  And then he saw Jay...and tackled him.  Jay paid, was given instructions to restrict his activity and watch for any redness or swelling.  They get outside, Jay opens the door and Hank leaps up and in without hesitation.

When I came through the doors after work that afternoon, Hank attacked, I mean greeted me just like any other day.  And the only thing I ever noticed him doing in that region of his body was to lick...which he did anyway, oh, I know, it's nasty...but you know how dogs are.  So honestly I forgot all about him even having some sort of surgical procedure.

This past weekend, Lane had his twin friends over and they played and ran and chased each other all over the house and outside in the yard.  Hank was jumping up and trying to bite them on the trampoline.  He was running all over the place.  Never once did he seem to hesitate because of pain or discomfort in the groin area.

Last night (Monday, almost a full week since his snipping) when I got home, I noticed messages on the answering machine.  One of them was from the vet clinic.  This was the message in a nutshell:  "Hi, this is the vet clinic calling to check on Hank and to see how he's doing after his procedure.  Call and let us know how he is getting along.  Just go ahead and keep his activity restricted until about Friday and then he should be fine."

Oops, she means this Friday, not last Friday...not that either Friday makes a difference.  It is Monday, almost a full week since his procedure, there are still four more days until Friday, yikes, and I'm pondering all of this as Hank is attacking Lane and Madolyn in their bedrooms and I can hear the ruckus from my room.  I had to laugh.  Now that is funny I tell you...of course, then I think about our history, and all the dogs, and all the vet trips, and how I'm sure they feel obligated to check up on the Precious to make sure he's still alive...

No comments: