your cheek....was all he had to say. Jay, that is. We were attending a friend's wedding. I was all dressed up looking as good as I could post-baby-number-two. We were going without our kids. A lot of our friends would be there. I was excited for a night without the children.
We arrive at the church and are quickly seated with friends and acquaintances all around us. We are chatting and visiting with everyone in our immediate vicinity before the ceremony begins. Jay is talking to a guy that I don't really know very well, but I'm kinda leaning back listening and adding my two cents, a friendly smile and a nod to his wife. One of my former teachers is nearby, I converse with her and her husband.
The wedding proceeds. The couple is married. Everyone disperses towards the reception locale. We stop at the Casey's gas station on our way. We are in the truck. I glance at myself in the mirror on the passenger side of the truck...and what is that? That right there on my face. Right there in the crease of my mouth. TOOTHPASTE!?!?
How could it be that I still had toothpaste debris on my face, when it had been nearly two hours since my last brushing? How could it be that out of all the people sitting around us and coming face-to-face with me, that not one single person (a) noticed the white crusty stuff or (b) thought it necessary to mention.
So, of course, I am upset at Jay, who then is mad at me because how is that I can be furious with him, he didn't even notice. Yes, THAT IS THE POINT...You did not even notice. And all the others just didn't feel like they could tell me, I suppose.
I thought of this the other night when one of Madolyn's teachers said that Mad was kind of enough to mention to her that her underwear were showing at the top of her pants. I had to laugh. Although Madolyn regrets to tell me stuff like that ALL THE TIME...she has apparently listened to my rant before because she was nice enough to tell the teacher. Bravo to Madolyn.
Jay says sometimes I hold grudges and can be bitter. I don't really believe that about me, do you? I mean after all...he just needs to pay a little attention to me and let me know if maybe the back of my dress is unbuttoned (oh yeah) or I'm wearing two different shoes (true)...of course, there was this one time that HE wore his slippers to work...hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment