Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy birthday, D!

If you're reading this on February 8, 2012, give a shout out to my cousin/friend "Danielle" for her 37th birthday.  Oh man, I can't believe we are turning 37 this year.  Can you, D?! 

She is an undocumented follower, she doesn't comment on here, but sends me texts so I know that she will be reading this at one time or another.  :)

Times flies when you're having fun.  And where does the time go?  Seems like only yesterday we were cruising around in the Festiva...Remember the Ford Festiva?  D's family had one, bright red, and they had it FOREVER.  I'm even guessing it's still around somewhere in their family today.  Am I right?  It always cracked me up because D was from a family of seven and her parents were so tall, her brothers were so tall, she was tall, her sister was tall.  And to see any one of them bend down and cram into that Festiva was hilarious.  I have a very vivid picture in my head of seeing her dad zip around in that thing.

I used to spend so much time with D because they lived just down the road from us in this beautiful log cabin that her maternal grandmother had built.  D and I were the same age, as was another friend I'll call "Brandi".  We had some great times together...and can still carry on when we have the opportunity.

D is the type of person that no matter what the situation, it is ALL good.  She can click the worst picture on this planet and tell you how fabulous it is...and even though you know she's lying through her teeth.   I swear if she were lying in a hospital bed in the worst pain ever and you asked her how she was doing, she would force a big smile and say "Great. How are you doing?"   (Am I right?!)

D's dad and my dad are first cousins.  If you get those two in a room together reminiscing (and if D's uncle were still alive) there isn't a dry eye in the house.  Those two can tell stories like no other.  D and I have talked about how we should get them together to tell stories and that I should bring my steno machine and record their conversation so that we can have them in writing.  Even the two fellas end up with tears streaming down their faces.

As times passes, families spread out and people pass on, our families see less and less of each other, but we have had some very good times.  I'd say it's about time we round everyone up and get together, D, don't ya think?  Maybe I'll bring along my machine and we'll let the good times roll!

Happy birthday to one of my favorite cousins/friend!  (I put your card in the mail today, but I'm not sure if you'll get it in time!) 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! May it be one of the happiest days of your life and may you be truly blessed.