Twenty-two days ago, Jay had his reconstructive ankle surgery. It has went so much better than I imagined and for that I am grateful. I have had a few moments where I felt like I could possibly take that crutch and smack him up side the head with it, but I have refrained. The last thing we need is for me to be in jail, right?
At his last checkup, the doctor said he could start weaning himself from his crutches, which he equated to not needing them at all. Tried that for two days and learned his lesson. He is back on the crutches and I'm fine with that because he needs to let it heal properly. He goes again this Thursday so we'll see what he says/misinterprets this week :)
I know he is so tired of being stuck in this house, and my laptop is causing major interference with his Rosetta Stone Program on How to Speak Spanish (he hopes to get that worked out tomorrow). The one thing I had not considered was how tired I am of driving everywhere. Ugh...and you know, women, how it is to drive with men...who are perfect drivers. I would be tickled pink to be riding along in the passenger seat with my nose in my Nookbook reading...or to not let him out at the entrance to go park far, far away. But these are VERY minor inconveniences so I'll just let it go :)
Madolyn's nose is healing quite well. Her eyes never did blacken, thankfully. And now that the swelling is gone and the yellow has faded, she's back to looking as beautiful as ever (to me, of course). She goes in the morning to see our family doctor as a follow-up. Funny thing, we were so concerned about her not being able to blow her nose and the fact that she is so snotty...she says she breathes better than ever so we're wondering if this was a Godsend! Madolyn didn't miss a beat...she played volleyball the very next day following her little accident and acted like nothing was wrong. Silly girl.
Hank the Tank II, our precious, is doing FINE. I mean, FINE as in you couldn't even tell after about 24 hours that I had ran over him with my big car. Jay took him to the vet and they said he was just sore and needed rest, and he has had plenty. He has been chasing and playing with the kids as if he is in tip-top shape. I'm thinking his large middle (he's over 80 lbs now) helped protect all his important parts from my tires...Hallelujah.
We had a little ice hit our area on Friday night. It started melting this morning, but our church, along with others, was called off because of the roads, parking lots and sidewalks. I had to stop by the church this afternoon to grab something and I pulled my car up in the circle drive and hopped out, ran around the back and felt flat on my behind...caught myself with my left hand and my left forefinger. I was fine...besides the fact that I was soaking wet from falling on the ground, but my finger was a tad sore. Well, really sore. And now it is bruising on the inside joint/knuckle.
Fortunately, it doesn't hurt to type as long as I don't bend the finger much. Jay caught himself when he started to say "at least it's just a finger" because as a court reporter, your fingers are your livelihood, and we don't have substitutes on hand. I will have to do the best I can tomorrow and hope people don't use many words starting with the letters R, L, H, M, N, Y, the number 4, the words "will," "where," "had" or the asterick on the left. Do you think I should advise everyone of this...haha, wouldn't that be a hoot? "Excuse me, Your Honor, if you could just avoid saying any words beginning with R, L, H, M, N or Y, that would be great." It is just a finger, and it is only jammed but ouch, it still hurts!!
Today is a new day beginning a new week...we've only had a few minor mishaps lately, but we're done with them for awhile hopefully. I don't need any more patients who need my patience.
2 comments:
I enjoy reading your post, I would love for you to visit my blog.
Beth
I am SOOO glad everyone is healing alright. The fact that Madolyn's nose is better than it used to be is AMAZING! ;-)
Post a Comment