My crazy husband is cracking me up. For his 37th birthday, he asked for Rosetta Stone's program for learning to speak Spanish. His reasoning: to communicate better with the jockeys at the horse tracks. So my dad found the Rosetta Stone program at Books-A-Million and we bought it.
Jay loaded it and it has several updates that are supposed to be downloading but our laptop is not letting him do something so he has to just use the CD's without the updates until I can get it fixed. I'm kinda cracking up on the whole update issue because honestly when you're just beginning to learn a new language, it is probably okay that you don't have the latest slang translations, right?
This kit came with a headset and mic that you wear and plug into the computer (insert picture of Lily Tomlin here, ha) and then you can repeat the words as they say them and it grades you. I will have to take a picture of him in the recliner with his headset on. It is hilarious. So as the kids and I were doing our nightly routine, Jay was in the recliner all hooked up and repeating various Spanish phrases, then he would cheer when he received his grade for each level. I suppose some husbands are playing video games and shouting in excitement at completing certain levels, mine is testing on a foreign language. It's all good. I do think it was confusing Hank the Tank II terribly. He may learn some new commands...of course, he barely responds to them in English so maybe that won't be helpful.
Last night, we were working in Mad's room and she says to me "If I ever go on a language trip, I'm taking dad as my interpreter." I told her that was fine, but he probably needed a few more lessons before he was ready for that. (I should probably go along as support too.)
I can only imagine what his first conversation with a jockey is going to be like. I may have to have him wear that headset and mic and hook myself into it somehow. Our horse trainer and friend will likely be giggling and beet red before it is all over with. I suppose if the horse runs better, it is all worth it, huh?
So I'll keep you posted on mi loco esposo and his latest escapade. I'm so thankful I lead a boring and dull life.
No comments:
Post a Comment