That is what I keep thinking when I walk into my daughter's newly painted room. Remember, I had posted earlier that I had made a deal with Mad...if she cleaned up her room and got it ready, I would paint it. Ugh, why do I say these things?!
Thanks to her BFF, Grace, the room was cleaned out a couple weeks ago...and Saturday Grace came over and they worked on cleaning her walls...which were covered in pictures of horses, drawings, just a little of everything. Again, I didn't really think they'd do it...
By Saturday evening, the room was pretty well ready to go, so we went and bought paint. Madolyn had a hard time making a decision but eventually settled with a bright turquoise and a soft brown. I was satisfied and away we went. After church and lunch yesterday, I got busy and painted. I finished the two walls that were turquoise and started trimming for the brown walls. I could tell that something wasn't right when Madolyn would come in and look and then leave quietly. At one point she asked, "It will dry darker, won't it?" And yes, usually the paint dries a shade darker than it looks wet...but I wasn't sure it was going to be dark enough for her...she didn't want it to look like "baby poop."
Finally, I told her that I was not mad, but I really wanted her to make up her mind before I was finished. I told her I would stop for a bit, let the brown dry and we would take Grace home, which would give her time to think on it. When we came back, we all agreed that we would just paint the whole room turquoise and dress it up with wall clings, a chalkboard and such. I finished by 6:30 and it looked pretty decent...it's just really, really bright.
I still have some work to do in there, but hopefully soon her room will be put together and my living room will be back to normal...I think her room is going to look really cute when we get finished...although sunglasses may be required for long periods of exposure.
1 comment:
Aw, you're such a good mom. Get those glasses out. :)
Post a Comment