Growing up this was a common acronym around our household...MSB...and technically it stood for Mazon State Bank. My grandparents lived in a little town up north called Mazon. This is actually a famous town because it is where my parents met...aaawww, right? My dad was a coach at the high school where my grandfather was the superintendent and he met the boss' daughter...the rest is history.
But back to the acronym. One year when I was little I got a fuzzy brown teddy bear from my grandparents or someone as a gift. He was so soft and cuddly. He had on a bright orange t-shirt with "MSB" in black lettering on the front. Of course, I assumed that the letters stood for "Marvelous Sarah Beth." How neat that Grandpa's bank (The Mazon State Bank) was selling teddy bears named after me, huh?
This morning before work my mom asked me to stop by her house to pick up something I would need to do for her today...I had Lane run up to the house to retrieve it as I put our trash in the shed. I didn't look at it right away, but when I got to work and pulled the envelope out of my purse, mom had written "MSB Marvelous Sarah Beth" across the front. Funny, I hadn't thought about that for years. It's one of those things that I'm surprised she remembered...but she is my mom after all and I am pretty marvelous...
No comments:
Post a Comment