Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
You know there is just no way we could ever list everything we have to be thankful for. It is literally infinite. I am dedicating this post to everything I can think of that I am thankful for. It may be a little crazy and a little jumbled. Here goes.
God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, His great sacrifice for little 'ole me, the Bible, the body, freedom of religion.
My husband and best friend, his job, a good father to our kids, my children and their friends. My health and the health of our entire family. The family members that are no longer here but impacted my life and others around me.
Freedom of speech, right to vote, an almost-never-ending-supply of food, clothes, safe and dependable transportation, a home with four walls and a non-leaking roof, carpet and floors, doors and windows, an attached garage, automatic garage door opener, air conditioning, heat, electricity, clean water (and plenty of it), our schools, teachers, children, hospitals, doctors, nurses, law enforcement, farmers, utility workers, veterinarians (you think I'm kidding, but I'm not), insurance (even though it's sometimes a scam), writers, books, joy, skills and talents, laughter, youth groups and the lessons they teach ME, coworkers (even the tough ones because they, too, have a purpose), cats, dogs (even chewing puppies), apples, teeth, eyes that can see, ears that can hear, a nose that can smell and the ability to touch and feel, reading glasses, hearing aids.
Parents that are Christians, in-laws that are Christians, a husband who is a Christian, kids who love Christ, lots of family and friends who are Christians, coworkers who are Christians, teachers who are Christians, school administrators who are Christians, my kids' friends who are Christians, politicians who are Christians, doctors who are Christians (because they believe in the power of prayer over medicine at times), a wonderful church family and youth group, great cooks, a beautiful church building to freely praise and worship in, CPWM, Christian radio stations, Christian musicians and songwriters, the radio in my car that works and can play this music, our church praise band, church van, the Ark, the mance, elevators.
The 4H program, our fair and fairgrounds, our community and little town, Moonshine store, Elevate, safety, the lack of congested traffic and stop lacks in my world, grocery stores, I hate to admit it, but Wal-Mart, the nursing homes and staff, my Grandma Great, wheelchairs, prosthetic limbs, therapists and rehab centers, people willing to work on holidays, nights and weekends, scientists and laboratories, medications, ambulance workers, peers, a steady dependable job, court reporters, awesome steno machines, computers, lawyers (sometimes), judges (most of the time), government, jails and prisons, correctional officers, the right to bear arms (yes, I believe in safe gun ownership), gas stations and gas, meat lockers, telephone, cellular phones, Facebook (It's a good tool at times), cable, internet, swimming pools, barns, fence (when it works), horses, cows, pigs, chickens, goats, fish, deer, public school, playgrounds, fishing poles, squirrels (I love watching them), trees, bushes, flowers, fruit, vegetables, bicycles, my feet that get me around, my arms, my fingers and toes that keep my balance.
Old friends, new friends, childhood friends, dependable friends, trusting friends, honest friends, goofy friends, lifetime friends, simple friends, can't-believe-we're-friends friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws, nieces, nephews, grandparents, great grandparents.
Space heaters, diet Pepsi, Styrofoam cups, ice, coats and sweaters, socks, boots, my pillow, blankets and flannel sheets, wood stoves, chainsaw, hot water heater, mailbox, light bulbs, games, cards, crayons, markers, soap, deodorant, makeup, toothpaste and toothbrush, perfume, Excedrin, shovels, tractors, gravel, rocks, adoptions, foster parents, foster homes, shelters, safe houses, orphanages, missionaries, DCFS workers, padded seats, toilets and toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels, microwave, toaster, oven, freezer, refrigerator, Zip-lock bags, silverware and knives, matches, yummy-smelling candles, pens and pencils, paper, money, newspapers, musical instruments, piano, sheet music, CD's.
I could go on for days if I tried. I probably missed some of the most basic things. It's so funny when someone says "What are you thankful for?" and you freeze, like you have to come up with this perfect answer or someone will think less of you. If I don't say my kids, someone will think I'm a bad mom. If I don't say Jesus, I'm not a good Christian. Kids will wait for the first one to answer and then repeat a variation of that answer over and over. Oh yeah, I'll say family because it sounds good. Too funny. We could never run out of things to be thankful for, great or small. Be thankful in ALL circumstances, that is what He asks of us.
Prayers that you and your family will have a wonderful, safe and blessed Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment