God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)
Talents and Gifts, everybody has them, right? Even when you think you don't. There is something you're good at, something that you can do just a little bit better than someone else and hopefully it's something you enjoy. Our church talent show is tonight and I cannot wait. I don't sing well enough to actually sing a special and although I can read music and play one-handed piano, as long as there's not too many sharps or flats, I'm not about to play a special on the piano. But that is the great thing about the individuals God created us to be. We are different.
Our praise band had our very first talent show back in April of this year and it was a blast. They did it as a fundraiser. There was a meal and then the talent show following. The band played several songs and then various other members of the church had specials, skits, jokes. It was great. We even had ZZtop and Johnny Cash perform for us, which was quite interesting considering we were in church. It was such a fun night though.
My friend, the one I call Beth, and I did a little skit roasting several members of the congregation and tying it into a sermon on gossip...again, as if we didn't get it the first few times the preacher spoke on it. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure had a good time doing it. We have something cooked up for this time around too. We haven't practiced it a lick and aren't sure exactly what we're going to end up with , but it will be okay.
I'm so looking forward to the things the kids come up with. I know of at least one other skit. The praise band will do a few songs. (And really I could just sit there an hour or so listening to them play.) I saw on the list that a few of our older bunch (like my parents) have signed up. The Quackers are having a One-Minute Comedy Hour. Cannot wait. I say it will be just like an evening at home.
I really love my church family and enjoy the time we can spend in fellowship, worship and laughing. We are a pretty easy-going bunch. You don't have to dress up. We are a come-as-you-are congregation. Just ask my daughter. If you read this in time and want to come on out, there is a meal at 5:00 and a Talent Show at 6:00. It is a free-will donation event for the Praise Band. God gave you a special gift or talent and he wants you to share it to build others up. Don't keep it to yourself. Use 'em or lose 'em...
1 comment:
I so look forward to your posts. great job, Sarah
Post a Comment