my landscaping out in front of the house, that is. This year I decided that I was sick and tired of hauling mulch every spring and then spreading it out, only to have to repeat the process the next year. I caved and ordered rock in June and had it delivered. I was going to replace the mulch with rock myself and save some money. I asked that the rock be delivered and dumped in my circle drive which would then force me to get the job done. And it was. A blue tarp was laid down in my circle drive and the rock was dumped on top of it directly in front of the sidewalk to my front door.
Right after the fair, Lane and I began working. First I had to pull a ton of weeds, and I do mean a ton. I had neglected it completely and it was late June, so you can imagine the overgrowth. Plus, I had decided that I really wanted to reshape it a little and move some plants around, take some out permanently, add a couple new ones. Then we could add the rock. Lane was such good help. He would scoop the rock into the wheelbarrow and I would move and dump it. He definitely had the harder job. Jay came along and we used the tractor and scoop which was a lifesaver, timesaver and backsaver. We couldn't use it everywhere, but where we did, it was awesome. We couldn't finish the rock until we had the edging done so that part came to a halt, which still left the blue tarp and rock in my circle drive directly in front of the sidewalk to my front door.
I think we had all of that done by early July. So I went and bought landscape edging at Terre Haute Menards when it was on sale. Bought the wrong ones. Went to Effingham Menards and bought the right ones. Dumped them out in the yard where they remained for at least six weeks. Neither Jay nor I could figure out how to do what it was I wanted done with those blocks. Returned those blocks to Menards and got refund. We were clueless and couldn't even agree on the next step.
In early-August, after Divinity Doll won her race, I placed the call to our local landscaper. "Help, we're at an impasse and we are done. Will you come finish?" They were busy at the time but would put us on their list. No rush, I told her, the tarp that you put down with the rock in my circle drive directly in front of the sidewalk to my front door is still there with rock on it. I cannot complain.
So here we are, late October, and the landscapers finished the rest of their part last night. Now, I just need to finish putting the rock up against the landscape edging and then I will be able to move the blue tarp that was put down with rock on it in my circle drive directly in front of the sidewalk to my front door. Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment