Saturday, October 22, 2011

3 Rules for a Birthday Party Sleepover

Last night my son informed me that he has three rules for a birthday party sleepover.  Interesting that he would be worried about these rules now as his birthday is in April...and six months ago we had 10 boys ranging from age 6-8 for the sleepover.  I could've used these rules then.  Maybe he's being thoughtful and preparing me for next year.  Lane is going to a birthday party sleepover tonight.  I should send the birthday boy's mom a list of these rules so she'll be prepared.

#1, Be Respectful.  It is funny to hear my seven-year-old say this, although I know it is one of the top three rules at his school so he probably hears it all the time.  My thought was, I wonder who the kids are to be respectful to...I'm guessing the birthday boy!

#2, Pick up after yourself.  This one really took me by surprise since I am constantly harping my kids on how poor they are about picking up their messes.  I think Lane has figured out that what those kids don't pick up, he will have to...so that could be his motivation.

And this last one is a classic.  Apparently after discussion with his friend I'll call Korbin, they decided this final rule was a must.  Drum roll, please...

#3, If you have gas, go to the basement or go outside.  I mean, really, is there any more I could add to that?

1 comment:

apronsandappetites said...

LOVE it!!!!