For one entire week...
12. I got to listen to and sing along with our church praise band...sweet!
11. I do not have to feed, take care of, clean up after or watch out for any animal or pet.
10. I wore grungy, sloppy clothes and not worry about staining them...because no one really cared about
what I was wearing.
9. I do not have to drive anywhere. I drove to the Hilton (aka bath house minus 180 children) across the lake every day for a shower, but that doesn't count.
8. My phone had spotty reception and I liked it. It never rang...
7. I did not have to clean up after anyone except myself or do laundry, unless I wanted to.
6. I did not have to cook or worry about what we were having...thanks to a fantabulous cooking staff.
5. I reminded myself how very blessed I am.
4. I did not have to go far to find Jesus.
3. I watched my kids interact with others and create friendships that, I hope, will last a lifetime.
2. I got to spend the entire week with friends I met at church camp many years ago.
1. Kids are just kids. At camp no one knows the troubles they have left behind. One kid looks just like another...regardless of their house, shoes, car, where they live, what grade they're in, how good they are in sports, their stuff, etc.
This started out as my top 10, but I kept adding. I finally had to stop myself. My name is Sarah, I'm 37 years old and I still love church camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment