Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Confessions from the massage table...

A few thoughts running through my head last Friday evening when I was getting a massage (to help with my sciatic nerve discomfort, of course).

Here we go again.
It's so nice to just lay here for an hour and do absolutely nothing.
Can't believe I let this woman rub lotion and oil on my face.  No one touches my face.
What in the world is with this music?
She keeps asking if I am relaxed..I am relaxed, right? 
I love the smell of this lotion/oil stuff.
Is that a recorder in the background...you know like the one we played in 3rd or 4th grade in music?
Her hands and fingers are so strong.  I bet I would get cramps in my hands doing this.
My stomach is roaring like a lion so the music is a good cover.
I keep picturing Will Ferrell playing the recorder, wearing a long robe and sitting Indian-style...
My kids aren't yelling at me or each other, awesome.
Okay, I've got to get it together because I am about to bust with this music.
I am starving.
Really, I'm trying to relax.  How do I make my muscles relax?
Is this Yani? My mom likes Yani.  Wow.
It sure was nice of her to fit me in on a Friday evening, especially when I just called 30 minutes ago.
Come on, Sarah.  Think bad thoughts to keep from cracking up.
I sure hope this helps my nerve again. 
How does someone record this type of music in a studio and people keep a straight face?
I can't believe that I am getting a second massage. 
What I wouldn't give for a little TobyMac or Mandisa in the radio right now.
I love it when she works on my feet.
Are my eyes moving like crazy behind my eyelids or does it look like I'm relaxed and asleep?
I think Jay would enjoy this.  Wonder if he would ever come in and get one??
I remember all those times I have tried not to laugh in serious situations and I was dying inside...that's what it feels like right now listening to this "music."
So I dropped Jay off to run & we didn't actually make a plan on where to meet.  Hmm.
Oh man, I hope I don't fart. 
When she asked if I wanted music, I should've said no, What is this stuff?
I don't know what this is supposed to do, but I sure like it.
I bet people fart all the time.
My mind needs to shut up so I can relax.
I hope the hour isn't up yet.
I sure wish it would rain.
I would even take Elvis at this point.
Would love it if I could take notes, this could be a good blog post.
She hasn't asked if I'm relaxed in a while, wonder if that's because I finally relaxed or she gave up?
Do people really buy these CD's?
Are Jay and Lane outside in the truck waiting on me?
If I went outside right now & stood still for 5 minutes there would be a puddle of oil/lotion at my feet.
I wonder what's for supper.
This CD has to be the longest CD ever recorded...and it all sounds the same. 
I can't believe I enjoy massages.  I never thought I would like it.
How long can I use the sciatic nerve pain as an excuse to get these massages?
Maybe I can talk Jay into pizza.
Will Ferrell with the recorder, yes, I can just see it.
Dang, it's over. 
But so is the music, that's a plus.

Disclaimer...I love the lady that gives me the massages and would encourage everyone in the area to get a massage from her...She really has helped my back...I mean no disrespect to her...maybe just her music :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Absolutely CRYING over here laughing at this! Durn good thing the back door to the courtroom is closed. HILARIOUS!!

Jessica said...

That made my day! I can't stop laughing!!!