Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy together...

Seventeen short years ago on August 26, 1995, two youngsters got married...I was one of them.  I still cannot believe that it's been 17 years.  That really makes us sound like we're old, and I know we are not! 

That was then...
I know this picture isn't great, but it's a picture of the picture in a frame in my bedroom.  When I look at Jay in our wedding pictures, he looks so young!  And how do you like my hair?  The bigger the better was the theme at the time.  At least I'd cut it off or it would've certainly covered Jay's little face.

I loved the wedding dress that my mother-in-law made; I loved my bouquet that we put together with artificial flowers we bought from a floral/craft shop in downtown Effingham.  I'm even wearing lace arm covering thingys.  Can you see them?

and this is now.

A few weeks ago Jay was an usher at his cousin's wedding.  I figured Jay wouldn't be in a tuxedo again anytime soon so getting a picture together was a must. I thought it came out pretty good and we finally look like we're old enough to be married;)

We have had a blessed life together.  God has entrusted us with two beautiful children and many, many animals.  (I think He's lost all control with the animal situation.)  We have worked hard for 17 years, starting out living in a two-bedroom trailer with me trying to finish school to building our 'dream' house and having a little animal farm so-to-speak.  We only have things to be thankful for, and I'm looking forward to 17 more years with my BFF. 

Jay and I have said many times we're sure that no one out there could put up with the other, so we better just stick this thing out.  As the Turtles sang out as we walked down the aisle 17 years ago, we are so Happy Together.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is complete and total AWESOMESAUCE!! Happy Anniversary you two crazy kids!