Here is a Wilhoit funny in the midst of our July madness. One night when we were at home, exhausted from the chaos, we went to bed like usual. I always go to bed with a blanket on top of me...even though I am covered with a flannel sheet (yes, we use them year-round) and a quilt. Normally, we kick the A/C down to about 75 during the night and turn it back up a little during the day when we're not home. I remember turning it down to the usual 75 before bed.
During the night, I kept thinking, man, did I forget to get my blanket? Then I would reach for it, nope, it's there. Jay was somewhat restless too, but we didn't chit-chat about it. I had a moment or two where I thought, good grief, I am getting sick because my head and neck feel funky. I didn't get out of bed, but muddled through the night, somewhat restless.
Come morning, Jay and I both commented on how cold we were, how we wondered if we were getting sick, how the timing would be awful for that, etc. Jay got out of bed and noticed that the A/C was running in the bathroom. How could that be, it was freezing?! He went out and checked the thermostat...66. Someone, Lane Truman, got 'cold' in the night and turned the air condition down. In A/C world, down means up, if you catch my drift. He didn't realize that...and so it was 66 degrees, which is why we were freezing all night long.
We lectured him on this (this winter he turned the heat up to 84 once and it was like a sauna when we got home) and told him he was not to touch the thermostat again. We keep the house on 68 in the wintertime, so it was freezing to me. I had to open the doors and windows to warm the house up, ridiculous, I know.
This past Friday night, Jay was away at his cousin's wedding rehearsal and the kids decided to have a sleepover. We had four extra girls in the house and the kids crashed here, there and everywhere when it was bedtime. (Lane crawled in bed with me, he was the odd man out!) I did sleep all night, but when I got up early Saturday morning to use the restroom, I could not get over how cold it was. I immediately checked the thermostat and found it again on 66. This time Madolyn had gotten hot and turned the A/C 'up' to cool off and forgot. Ahh!
New rule in the Wilhoit house: Children are not allowed to touch the thermostat!
No comments:
Post a Comment