Friday, March 23, 2012

That's gonna leave a mark...

It's probably been about 18 months ago that we were really starting to get into the horse thing.  We started spending a lot of time at our fairgrounds which is where we keep our race horse(s).  Seems like every waking hour was spent up there.  If I wanted to see my kids or my husband, that is where I went after work.  They were always busy cleaning stalls or working the horses or whatever. 

Lane was totally ate up with all of this right from the start.  I have some of the cutest pictures of him on my phone (which I have no idea how to get off of there) where he is taking a break after cleaning stalls in the hot summer heat and his little face is bright red.  At times he was all serious about it, other times he just wanted to play hide and seek with the other kids.

One day when boredom struck, our little horseman got a horse reign with the leather strap on it and rubbed it continuously over his forehead, back and forth, back and forth like a mad man, real fast he told me (sometimes I have to wonder about him, it must be his father).  By the time I saw him, he had a very irritated red circle on his forehead, which quickly turned into a large nasty scab. 

When asked why he had decided to do this, he said, "I just wanted to see if it would leave a mark."  Allrighty then, it was an experiment...another life lesson...Do not rub a horse reign across your forehead continuously, it will leave a mark.  Good to know.

No comments: