Last week, after a few days of Spring-like temperatures, I decided to break out my Spring jacket. I love this light khaki jacket and found it a few years ago on a clearance rack for next to nothing. It has a hood, which is a requirement for me, and is very casual but also decent enough to wear to work.
I wore my Spring jacket on Friday to work. I came home, and in a flash, of course, I had to change my clothes and be on my way to the first activity of the evening. (You know my day starts at around 4:00 p.m. when I got off of work!) I didn't think twice about flinging my jacket over the back of one of the chairs at our counter/bar. We always drape our stuff over the chairs.
The evening ends and the sun rises on Saturday morning. I'm getting ready to head out for the weekend and I'm packing. I decide to grab both my jacket and a heavy coat (because I was heading to Springfield later on and would be outdoors). I walk over to the chair and grab my jacket. It won't budge. Odd. I pull again and I hear the hamster cage banging against the back of the chair. (I should back up here a minute, we have Frankie the hamster's cage sitting on one of the chairs that goes up to our counter/bar area in the living room because I hated the thought of him being in Lane's dark room all day:) And that was the chair my jacket was draped over.
New fun fact: Hamsters will eat material, such as the hood of a Spring-like khaki jacket. I yanked and pulled on that jacket and it finally came loose. The hood of that jacket was almost entirely inside the cage. Dirty rat. I stretched it out to survey the damage...yep, holes all over. It looked like a mouse (yes, this is why Jay calls her a rodent all the time) had a field day with my hood. I could not believe all the pieces of material that were gone. Honestly, I kinda worried that the hamster would die because she wouldn't be able to digest the material, but so far so good (I guess). I'm going to attempt salvaging the jacket by removing the hood. We will see what it looks like. Thankfully, I found it on clearance!
I called Jay and told him about it. He laughed and said, "Ha, even the hamster has turned against you. Isn't she precious?" Yeah, she's precious all right...that dirty rat.
No comments:
Post a Comment