Last week as I was talking with my aunt and mom, this story popped up. I couldn't remember if I had written about it before so if it's a repeat story, sorry. This is another tale of the Sole Survivor, Meepie, our cat who will turn 14 in April if he lives another few weeks...and that is always a gamble at our house.
A couple years ago after I started working here at the courthouse, there was a stray Tom cat hanging around our place. Meepie and Tom went a few rounds a couple nights and we haven't seen him since. Two nights during a ten-day period, they decided to hold their own Feline UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) series in our garage...on top of my white SUV.
The first night, we heard a ruckus going on in the garage and figured that the Meepie was behind it, but weren't overly concerned about it and knew it could wait until morning. So the next morning, I let Meep in, and although he did look a little haggered, he seemed okay and I didn't think anymore about it...until I got ready to get in my car and go to work. And if you haven't figured out by now, I'm usually running about five minutes late to just about everywhere...so I had no time to, say, wash a car.
As soon as I get close to my car, I can smell that cat pee smell, which is just lovely (and disgusting) and then as I open the door, I notice a drop of blood. I put my stuff in the car and explore. There, on the top of my car in between the luggage rails, is what appears to be a crime scene, with plenty of evidence left behind: blood, urine and feces. No joke. The cats had battled it out right there on top of my car, which would be the obvious location, of course. And one or both of them had either had the poo scared out of them or was too injured to hop down to use the potty outside. It was disgusting.
Again, I had zero time to waste, so I decided that the poo would fly off as I drove down the road and all would be well by the time I got to work 18 miles away (because what exactly should I do here, call the judge and explain the situation?)...except that when I got out of my car in the courthouse parking lot, the smell was overwhelming and now there were streaks of blood and urine running down the sides of my pearl white SUV. L-o-v-e-l-y is what that is. Still rushing to get up to my office, I pretended like I didn't notice and carried on. I can't help but wonder if the judge, who parks on the left, or the county clerk, who parks on the right, noticed when they got out of their cars. Maybe they didn't. I mean, hey, doesn't everyone drive around with blood, urine and feces on their car every now and then?
1 comment:
I so remember that!! Now I'm kicking myself for not going out to look at your car. ;-)
Post a Comment