My apologies to my fans (if anyone out there is left) the ickies won't leave us...my kids are still at home today...I came to work with the ickies because I'm so dedicated (hahaha). So I'm just going to keep this short. I'm hoping we recover very soon. Lane is the sweetest when he's sick though, which is just awful, but he's so stinkin' cute. He wants to love and cuddle...which he likes to do anyway, but more so when he's sickly. Most of the time with Madolyn she acts likes she's fine, you threaten to send her to school and she goes and pukes...or she'll spend the next hour glued to the toilet seat.
My kids do run fevers and then they get delirious. The other night Lane was sleeping with me and he asked me if I could see the people running by so fast...sorry, fella, you are dreaming. He asked me again, serious as could be. Nope. Finally he said, Oh, I must be dreaming...his little body was burning up and all sweaty.
I never ran fevers when I was little, or at least not very often so I implemented Plan B. The school would not send you home unless you a) had a fever or b) puked. I became a puker....or at least that's what I attribute my pukiness to. The school forced me to literally get sick so I could be sent home because I may have felt lousy, just as lousy as anyone with a 102.5 temperature, but by george, I wasn't about to get sent home without the appropriate thermometer reading and it wouldn't budge. I'm sure the janitor just loved me...oh yeah, and the bus driver...because I did that number on the bus a few times too.
I guess it has stuck with me into adulthood too...re: my pregnancies. I had a horrible stomach flu last year too, actually almost exactly a year ago...because I had to come to work anyway, sick and all, literally, and work for a couple hours. Jay drove me that day because I could barely function and it had snowed...that is also the day that our beloved Hank the Tank I was killed. R.I.P. I'm thinking we'll shut Hank the Tank II in the barn stall or something on Monday...
Actually Dec 12, 2000 is also when we had to put down our first born (puppy) Gunner, the greatest dog that ever lived (and his birthday was actually that same day, how depressing, huh). And it's my parents wedding anniversary. Wow, a lot of disasters have happened around the 12th of December, huh? ha ha Pearl Harbor was a year ago this week. Wait a second, do I have a fever? What was I even talking about? I am rambling...I think I need to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment