Friday, December 23, 2011

O Christmas Tree, how lovely...

I have the best Christmas tree stories from the Quacker Ranch.  I almost forgot to share at least one.  I'll try to hurry up and squeeze this post in before Christmas.

The Quack always believed in a real tree.  We would head out as a family and go to the nearest Christmas tree farm and choose the perfect tree.  I have a very vivid memory of that humongous saw the tree farm guy would use.  Scary!!

One year I was having a Christmas slumber party.  (My mom must have been nuts or I was very persuasive.)  It had to have been in December because we had our Christmas tree up.  I remember waking up some time that night to the giggles of my friends...and here is why.

Our Christmas tree that year had a few issues.  First of all, it was a tad short for our usual spot in front of the picture window...so dad set it on top of the piano bench as a little boost.  Secondly, it had a couple of bare spots for some reason...apparently we didn't notice them out in the wild when picking the perfect tree that this was a problem.  The Quack's solution:  to duct tape some branches on and spray paint them green. 

And that is why my friends were laughing.  They were laughing at our Christmas tree.  That memory has forever been etched in my mind...and why wouldn't it?  Good times...

No comments: