In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6 (NKJV)
Hocus Pocus, I need to focus. I'm having serious issues focusing right now...I have a list in front of me of things I need to do today. Last week was crazy, busy, sickness, etc...I'm still suffering (hahaha) from the lack of Diet Pepsi (only mentally) and I did have one yesterday afternoon. It was good.
I don't know if it's the holidays or just recovering from a week of illness, but my mind is swirling to and fro. I used to have problems with this big time. I got over it for the most part. Jay helped a lot with that. He is so calm and just goes with the flow...never worries...and if he is worrying, I know it's major and I better be worrying too.
I feel like I'm spinning my wheels a little bit at home. I still have some Christmas presents to buy but that's not stressing me out. I need to carry the Christmas tree decoration totes downstairs, but when I look at them piled up on the chair next to the tree, I think, hey, the tree will be coming down in two weeks...do I really want to take them to the basement?! Of course I DO...but they're still there.
Hank the Tank made a mess of my curtains that were on the patio door...I haven't bought new ones yet or tried to have the old ones fixed up. They're still sitting in a bag on top of my dryer...that was at least four weeks ago.
I am no closer to getting Christmas Cards done than I was six months ago. Seriously. They may be Happy 2012 cards by the time I get around to it.
I just went to my drawer for my good ole afternoon snack, yummy Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes. Apparently I ate the last one sometime last week in that fog. Bummer.
Sometimes I take one week at a time, sometimes it's one day at a time, and sometimes I take one section of the day at a time (before work, work and after work). Right now I'm going to have to be satisfied with one section of the day, I think.
There's nothing too overwhelming going on in my life, nothing that I'm sad about or overly concerned about...I'm just out of focus. I probably need to re-focus my thoughts...on something important, something that will really whip me into shape, something that has stood the test of time, something solid as a rock, something that matters when all else fails, something that will guide me. Maybe I just need to do what the Good Book instructs, acknowledge him in ALL ways, and I'll find my path...
1 comment:
Once again, I'm right there with ya! I have no idea why it's so hard for me to focus, but it is. I'd say it's in the air at work or something but I'm just as bad at home. :-/
Post a Comment