Yeah, I had one, it was nice. I think that is what they are called, Forever Baskets. I asked for one several years ago and Jay surprised me one birthday with a nice big basket. They are made out recycled milk cartons or something so they can be out in the elements and survive...well, I guess it depends on the elements.
The demise of my Forever Basket started with Hank the Tank I. He gnawed the handles off when he was just a puppy...oh, yeah, he was only a puppy (R.I.P. Hank the Tank I) not even reaching his first birthday. (Sniff, sniff.)
Even without the handles, the Forever Basket stood strong. The basket (which should last forever) had been encompassing a batch of Siberian Iris for a few years, keeping them from falling over every Spring. It did the job. It was better not to look too close though, it was rather dinged up.The goats worked around the area of the Forever Basket many times, but plastic just isn't their thing. They would knock it around some, but never ate or chewed on it.
Today when I arrived home from work at the Wilhoit Ranch, there were several pieces of recycled milk carton material across the yard in front of the landscaping. The Forever Basket is no more. In fact, while I was taking this picture, the idiots (Abby and Hank the Tank II) were playing tug-o-war with a piece of the Forever Basket. I tried to take their picture, but they get distracted so easy and lose focus...the piece kept dropping.
Just yesterday I was driving past someone's house admiring their shapely, unblemished Forever Baskets. Obviously, they don't have a dog as precious as ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment