I am having computer/internet issues that are frustrating the daylights out of me. And it's crazy because when the internet is down, I feel completely lost and think the day will be a waste. However, I have found plenty to do today with very little internet access. I actually did some of those not-fun tasks that needed done, but I had put off for another day.
Isn't is amazing how the internet has such a hold on us/me? When it shuts off at work, everyone is in a frenzy. We are so dependent upon that access. I think, what if so and so is trying to e-mail me? I forget that I do have a phone and a cell phone so it's not as if I'm completely shut out from the world, right? How about, I didn't pay that bill via snail-mail because I knew that I could use online bill pay and get the payment there quicker...but the internet is down so now...I will owe a late charge if it doesn't come back on. Ahhh.
My coworker and I use a program at work called AIM to instant message throughout the day. It is a fabulous tool because 'buzzing' each other on the phone is so, I don't know, difficult? It is crazy to think that that little inconvenience of AIM being down sets my day in motion because now I have to pick up the phone and 'buzz' her. Too funny. When you stop and think about it, the fact that I can 'buzz' her is fantastic compared to having to get up and actually walk all the way to her office. Oh my goodness, that would be exercise.
My day feels freak-ish, wasted and unproductive because I didn't have my toys at my fingertips. I would try to do a few things here and there and then think, "Oh I need to check that first," only to be reminded of the fact I can't check it first because my 'checker' has checked out. Although I did manage to shred about 400 papers, get our 2013 calendars here ready, type an Order, return phone calls, do claims, etc., and all without the internet! But as you can see now, somehow I am blogging...thanks to a back-up internet connection and my little-bitty laptop. Yes, backup internet. Again, oh my goodness.
There are many times I wish for a simpler life, but realize I am no where near ready to give up my internet, my instant messenger, my cell phone, my landline phone, my computer, my DVR, microwave, Nook...I could go on and on. And we wonder why our kids never sit still...
1 comment:
I don't even really need to tell you that I'm feeling you 110% Sista. ;-) (Love your 3rd paragraph!)
Post a Comment