Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bored dog = Bad dog

A bored dog is not a good thing.  The precious Hank the Tank is often bored during the daytime when no one is home, although Abby is there with him, and he is a dog.  Below are just the latest escapades of our bored dog.

Yesterday while everyone was away from home, the Precious must have gotten very, very thirsty because he helped himself to a case of water bottles that were sitting next to the refrigerator in the garage.  As soon as I pulled up to the house, I could see something glistening all over...water bottles, about 20 of them.  I will say that because Hank is such a delicate flower, he only destroyed and pierced one water bottle.  I picked the rest up and put them inside the refrigerator.  In fact, I am drinking one right now, I'm pretty sure...because there was mud on the bottom of the bottle.

A couple weeks ago after our booster club homecoming tailgate, I was cleaning out the "trunk" of my truck.  I had lots to unload and I was piling things on the steps into the house inside the garage.  Once everything was unloaded, I then made trips with it inside to put it away.  In a matter of minutes, minutes, I tell you, the precious found something he could not resist...foil squares (about 400 of them) and Ziplock baggies (around 30). 

I stepped outside and noticed things missing, walked outside the garage and found lots and lots of silvery foil pieces all over the yard.  The plastic bags were still in a pile.  They weren't as yummy, I guess.  (I suppose I should be thanking Hank for at least keeping them together.)  But I wanted to kill the precious. Really, what could possibly be so enticing about aluminum foil?
 
Remember Hank "decorated" his pumpkins a while back...so grandma bought the kids new pumpkins.  And the kids carved the new pumpkins, we put candles in them and set them outside on the front steps.  We lit them one night and then Jay put them up on a bench on the porch so the Precious would not be tempted to touch them.  Last week, about two days after they had been set up on the porch bench, we came home and the pumpkins were right outside the garage door in approximately 200 pieces.  Again, he could not resist the pumpkins.

Saturday night we came home and caught some vandals in the act of TP'ing our house.  (How awful!)  We crept up the driveway looking everywhere for them.  Never did see them.  We drove through our yard, circled the house, back through the drive.  No one in sight.  And where are the guard dogs?  They finally did come out and bark at us, but they had been cozy and snug in the garage on the steps.  I later asked the villains what the dogs did when they showed up.  I was told they think they heard them bark a little, but never saw them again.    Wow, they're bored and worthless.

A bored dog equals a bad dog.  It's not Hank's fault though, right?   He is just bored and gets anxious, nervous and upset when we're not around.  He misses us.  Really it's our fault because we allow that to happen...oh yes, it is definitely our fault....that we continue to put up with it.

No comments: