It's such a bummer because we love trees and ever since we built our house, we have planted trees every year. I think at one time I counted about 60 trees in our yard! Several of them are evergreens that we hope will grow to be a nice windbreak...of course, we lost three this year due to a combination of things: drought and goats. Goats love evergreens!
| Whitey trimming the bush. |
| Brownie ready to welcome guests. |
A few times a week when we're going to be around home, we let Brownie & Whitey out to play. Hank cannot help himself and thinks that either he is a goat or they are dogs. He chases them everywhere and tries to join in as they head-butt each other with their horns. It is hilarious. (I think Hank wishes he had horns...we are thankful he does not.) The other night mom and dad were over and asked how we got them back in their pen...it's easy, Lane starts running toward their pen and they just charge after him. It is hysterical. They go right in, especially if they've been playing long enough.
Last night the kids and I got the clippers out and trimmed these bushes so the poor goats wouldn't be stuck with all the hard work. I gave the clippings to the goats and they ate on them all night...next morning, they were gone! Maybe it will help keep the goatsies off the porch...I doubt it.
At one point last week, I had the front inside door open and the curtains to the sliding doors open. I looked to the front and saw Whitey at the front step with his nose at the door, and when I looked to the deck, there was Hank the Tank with his nose to the door. Seems as though everyone wants inside.
1 comment:
The picture of Whitey up on her back legs had me in stitches!
Post a Comment