Looking around right now, you might think Spring was just around the corner. I noticed that my volunteer marigolds are sprouting new plants and starting to bloom again as if they hadn't already bloomed and burnt up in the dry heat this summer.
On Labor Day, Jay worked on things outside while I worked inside. It is amazing how quickly the earth responded to the rain we've been getting, isn't it? I didn't realize how much I had missed all the green until it was gone for so long. We now have lush, thick green grass that is growing rapidly with the heat and moisture. A lot of our plants are budding and the trees are perking up. The kids mowed our yard twice in a seven-day period, which has not happened for a very long time.
It feels almost as if we're starting Spring instead of Fall. I can't say that I mind really, it's kind of the best of both worlds actually. We're finally getting our rain and things look fresh and alive, but it's going to soon cool down a bit and get us prepared for the colder months.
Labor Day weekend Jay was off and our plan for weeks had been to camp, then Isaac decided to grace us with his presence. I was so bummed, but remembered how much we had prayed for rain and the replenishing of the dry, brittle, cracked earth. No camping for us, but thankfully we did get some nice steady rainfall without storms and damage....although I know that folks in the south are suffering from the aftermath.
I love Fall and always look forward to Spring. After such a steamy and dry Summer and maybe since it was 85 degrees in March, we get a do-over. Lights! Camera! Action! Here we go...Spring - Take II
No comments:
Post a Comment