I told you last year about this time that about this time next year (now) I would be inviting you to the annual See You At The Pole event at your local high school. That day is coming up this Wednesday. As I study it a little more, I see that it is really for students, they're not really asking for the community to come, so I would ask you to first encourage your children or grandchildren to attend, and second, to be in prayer on Wednesday morning at 7:30 for those that are attending and those that didn't have the courage. Our local high school bible club is currently preparing for one at our junior/high school.
The theme this year is "Awakening" and is based on the scripture text noted above (Ephesians 3:14-21). I went to the website www.syatp.com and looked around a little. These were the specific prayer requests noted:
- your school’s event starting now, right up to the day of See You at the Pole.
- the students who are leading and planning your See You at the Pole at your school.
- the Christians at your school to show up ready to pray on See You at the Pole day.
- the non-Christian students on your campus who will see or hear about SYATP.
- Christian students on your campus to make the most of this unique opportunity to explain what happened on the morning of See You at the Pole and to be a witness for Christ.
No matter where you are on Wednesday, September 26 at 7:30 a.m., stop and say a prayer and remember the national See You At The Pole event and all the students and mentors involved with it. It's kind of neat to think that at that moment, thousands and thousands of young people all over will be in prayer at their school and for their schools.
No comments:
Post a Comment