Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sorry to disappoint you...

but I'm so lost on Pinterest.  I signed up for an account because everyone was doing it and I was told by everyone that I just had to.  I did succumb to peer pressure and asked for an invite...I got the invitation about four months ago...maybe even longer.  That was the last time I looked at it.

I keep getting these e-mails in my Inbox telling me that so and so is following me on Pinterest.  Oh, good heavens, I feel bad because they aren't following much of me, that's for sure.  I don't even know what that means.  Are they following me as in what I look at?  I have seen people put stuff on Facebook from Pinterest, but again, I'm not really sure what they're doing or how or why. 

I had a little free time and I popped on over to the Pinterest website today and logged in to my 'account' which, again, consists of nothing more than my name and somehow my Facebook profile picture.  (See, I'm telling you I really don't get it.)  Am I supposed to be posting clever things that I can do?  Am I supposed to be telling everyone else the things that I like by "pinning" it to my "board"?  I've seen these terms used in various places in regards to the website so that's why I ask.

I decided I would search out tips for camping.  Okay, that was interesting.  I found lots of tents that you can hang from trees and suspend in the air to camp.  That is a tip I do not need.  There is no way that I'm suspending myself in the air inside a tent.  I don't even want to sleep in a tent...and I sure don't want to sleep in one that is supposed to be strong enough to hold myself and all my stuff in it way up in the air.  There were other tips for extreme camping (which I don't remember putting in my search) that included tents you can attach to the side of a mountain, cliff, rock wall, etc.  Again, not something I have any interest in trying...ever.

I continued scrolling and came upon the bare behind of a man...I have no clue what that was about...I just scrolled on past.  Again, this was still on the camping subject???   Okay, moving on.  There was an idea for a home-made mosquito trap using yeast, but my question here is, will that just attract mosquito's to the location of the trap thereby causing a higher volume...which in turn will mean that Lane and I are bit 2 million times instead of the usual 1 million.  I considered trying it, but I think I'll wait for more studies.

I tried a couple different search topics, but didn't come up with anything too exciting from the results.  What I have decided is that I already have a head full of ideas that I can't seem to put together and accomplish, why on earth am I seeking out more?  The last thing I need is to start collecting supplies for things I will never complete...I'm already a pro at that one (scrapbooking).  The scrolling just makes my head spin.  My head nearly exploded from overload.

So while I'm not going to think badly of anyone who enjoys a little Pinterest time, it may not be something I put a lot of time into.  Here's my plan, why don't you Pinterest followers out there just find really cute stuff, make it and send it to me.  That way we both reap the benefits.  You see how it comes together and I enjoy the finished product.  Perfect.  Surely by now, if you follow my blog, you know my interests, so it shouldn't be too tough to find things I'll like.  ha.

Again, I apologize if you're following me on Pinterest because I'm not going anywhere.  Happy pinning, folks...

1 comment:

apronsandappetites said...

I am so with you on the Pinterest. I don't pin and have only looked over the site a couple of times. I have never found anything that tickles my fancy. And I can't imagine what all the fuss is about. (sigh) You are a bit like me, in case you didn't realize it. Poor thing.