I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
The Lord is my strength and song. Psalm 118:14 (NKJV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7 (NIV)
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
Okay, so one of my very good friends is making a huge leap tomorrow and flying in an airplane for the very first time...and honestly, I cannot believe she's actually going but I am so happy for her. So I'm dedicating today's post to TWA.
Tomorrow TWA is taking her first flight with some girlfriends to celebrate their 50th birthdays. I am so proud of her because she has sworn to me over and over and over she would never, ever fly. We have had the discussion a few times about how this really restricts the things she can do. She didn't care, she wasn't doing it. Their family always picked a vacation they could drive to. I respect that. You won't catch me skydiving...ever...and I mean it.
I am not sure she'll read my blog before she heads out to earn her wings, but I am asking that you pray for TWA and her big leap of faith because I believe that she will need the extra comfort. I know she is going to make it, she is going to love it and that she will do it again. She just needs to get there. (And you may want to throw in a prayer for her travel companions too.)
I'm going to send her the above scripture references and hope she tucks them in her pocket or something because I'm tellin' you...it's possible she could have a meltdown (and I hope whoever is sitting next to her is ready). BUT, TWA, you can do this! It can't be any worse than those court reporting tests we have to take, right?! And this can open up many exciting possibilities for future travel!! Wahoo, Godspeed TWA...Have fun, girlfriend. Love ya!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment