Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Black hole take two

I know what you're thinking...seriously, I do.  I'm guessing some of those thoughts might be:  Are you nuts?  I don't understand why you are letting a pet destroy your house?  Are you crazy?  Why do you still allow your dog inside your house?

All of the above thoughts have gone through my head a time or two constantly.  When I awoke on Saturday morning to another fun-filled day of non-stop running, my attention was immediately focused on what I thought might be cat puke.  I know, that is disgusting, but it is what it is.  Our cat is old (just turned 14 this month, a world record at our house) and he has issues, which sometimes reveal themselves on our carpet. (I know, again, you're thinking you will never set foot in our house because it has to be disgusting).  So anyway, I was barely awake and went over to check it out and see whether it was a mess that I needed to clean up.  It was located approximately 12-15 inches from the site of the "black hole" (see that blog from last fall, I don't know how to link it).

And now we have the black hole II.  I about lost it...which really means I had a few not-so-nice-thoughts going through my mind and I immediately texted Jay who had worked all night and was on his way home.  For some reason that always calms me...telling him about it.  "Guess what your stupid, I mean precious dog did last night?"  All I could think was:  Am I nuts?  I don't understand why I am letting a pet destroy my house.  Am I crazy?  Why am I still allowing this precious dog inside my house?

So for whatever reason, Hank the Tank II, because he's so blankety-blank precious chewed another perfectly round hole in my not-that-bad carpet...and it's a tad bigger than the last one.  Fortunately they're not close enough to connect...what am I saying?  Anything is possible, right?  Tomorrow is another day.

It reminded me of my dad's first cousin, who has passed away, and his complete and total love and devotion to a Lab that totally destroyed his house.  I can't remember the name of this dog, although I want to say it was Tucker???  I have visions of walking into their house and seeing all the damage this dog had caused while they were away during the day and I'd think, what in the world are they thinking?  His wife, who I always thought was pretty nice and level-headed, must be crazy allowing a dog to chew up the kitchen chairs and everything else in sight.  What is wrong with HER?  This is their house for cryin' out loud and that is just a stupid dog.

Haha, joke's on me.  It was during that time that my cousin, I call her Danielle, told me I had to read the book, Marley and Me, because it reminded her of that situation.  I read the book and again thought, who on earth would let their pet cause so much destruction?  Are they nuts?  Why, yes, they are...and apparently so are we...which I'm going to say makes us normal in the pet world.

I have decided that what Hank the Tank II needs is a little discipline because although he is very precious, he is out of control.  Last night before I went to bed, I took a picture of him sleeping.  He was so peaceful and innocent looking...of course, his nose was about a foot from the black hole II and he was covering black hole I...I was praying that come morning, there wouldn't be a third hole or even a tunnel connecting the two.  (I guess he could sleep outside, huh?)

I was hoping that new carpet could wait until the kids were out of high school.  Now I'm hoping it can wait until Hank the Tank II passes this stage...and we hope he sticks around long enough to reach that point because I may never get new carpet if we always have a puppy...

No comments: