The women were terrified and bowed with their faces to the ground. Then the men asked, “Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what he told you back in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day.” Luke 24:5-7 (NLT)
Happy Good Friday to everyone! I'm at work today. I have prayed for two days about having a decent attitude today. (Almost every courthouse, etc, is closed today, but we are not:) My kids and Jay are at home. Here I sit. I'm waiting for that overabundance of joy to kick in anytime now.
My heart is heavy with friends and family who have serious medical issues. When I read the scripture related to the Easter story, it makes me sad that such awful things happened to Jesus.
Then I have decided that maybe it's okay that I'm a little blue this morning. There were so many dark moments on this day many, many years ago. But you see, the sun is going to shine later on today...and I know that the Son has risen. There is hope. There is hope for my loved ones with medical complications. There is hope for all people who make the choice to believe. There is hope for me.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment