As I was cleaning last week, I found this story and thought it was so fitting right now. (Jay keeps making comments like, "I'm sick of winter. Who would want to live here?") I don't know who wrote this, there are no identifying markings on it...but it has to be someone local because the township of which they speak, Orange, is the one in which I live. And maybe it was modified, I don't know. ( I did have to change one word along the way.) Anyway, enjoy...
Winter Wonderland - copied
Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Orange Township, it is so beautiful here. The fields and the woods are so pretty. Can hardly wait to see the snow.
Oct. 14 - Orange Township is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange and yellow. Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.
Nov. 11 - Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here.
Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plow came by, we shoveled the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I just love Orange Township.
Dec. 12 - More snow last night. It's really pretty. The snow plow did his trick on the driveway again. I love it here.
Dec. 19 - Snowed all night, again. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shovelling. That darn snow plow.
Dec. 25 - Merry Christmas. More friggin' snow. If I get my hand on the jerk who drives the snow plow, I swear I'll kill the idiot. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.
Dec. 27 - More white stuff! Been inside for three stinkin' days except to shovel the driveway every time the snow plow goes through. Can't go anywhere. Car's stuck in a mountain of white stuff. The weatherman says to expect another ten inches of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels of snow ten inches is? Man!
Dec. 28 - The stupid weatherman was wrong. We got fourteen inches of white stuff, not ten!! At this rate it won't melt until summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and the jerk had the *nerve* to come to our door asking to borrow a shovel! After I told him I've broken six shovels already moving all the snow he pushed into my driveway, I broke the last one over his head.
Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back, a darn deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 worth of damage to the car. The beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.
May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all the salt they put on the roads?
May 10 - Sold the house, moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in god forsaken Orange Township.
1 comment:
Hahaha! That's great!
Post a Comment