Monday, March 11, 2013

Keyed & Peed

A few years ago, Jay was in line for a 'new' truck.  We had worked the Dave Ramsey program pretty hard for a couple years and it was finally time for Jay to trade in the old F150 for a newer one.  It was exciting.  I actually found the one he ended up getting.  It was a nice four-door and it even had a DVD player, which is something we had never had in a vehicle.  We were so excited about it, that just a few days after we traded, we took the 'new' truck on a vacation to the Wisconsin Dells.

Jay is somewhat particular about his vehicle.  Not necessarily about mine, but he is pretty picky about how his ride looks.  When the weather is right, he will wash and wax his truck up and get everything all shiny...although now that I have introduced him to Mike's Carwash, he might also just drive to Terre Haute for them to do it:)

The parking lot of this resort we stayed at in Wisconsin was not terribly crowded.  It was the first week or so of November, so not a big tourist time up there.  And each evening after we were going to be in for the night, Jay would drop us off and park his shiny 'new' truck way, way out in Timbuktu as to avoid what the Quackdaddy calls "doorbangers."  Seriously, you almost had to take a tram to get to the truck.

The morning we left, we packed up and were hauling everything outside to the truck.  Madolyn and I were leading the way and I stopped dead in my tracks.  From where I was standing, still several feet away, I could see it...someone had keyed the side of Jay's 'new' truck.  Uh-oh.  As we got closer, I then noticed what appeared to be urine all over the sideboard and the driver's-side door.  Jay was going to freak out.

Unfortunately, there was next-to-nothing the resort people could/would do about it.  They didn't have a camera or video of what happened, and we had no clue as to who had done it.  No one in our group had had an altercation or anything with any other guests.  Jay filled out something with the people at the desk and that was basically the end of that.  We didn't even get a complimentary sorry-your-truck-got-keyed-and-peed-on discount or pass.

In the end, it was one of those situations you can't do anything about.  You have to just get over it.  It's only a truck.  The urine washed off.  Jay worked on the scratch down the side and it did fade somewhat.  As I have mentioned before, I'm not too emotional as far as tears go, I laugh a lot instead.  I did some laughing that day, which probably made Jay want to kick me in the shin.  But I decided there was a moral to this story:   Don't park so far out trying to avoid the doorbangers that you draw extra attention to yourself; you may get keyed and peed on.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

OH MY GOSH! What kind of jerk does that?!