“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye. Matthew 7:3-5 (NLT)
This week Monday morning arrived with a bang or a blast to my ego. Ha. Let me explain. On Friday there were various things going on at work and I had a few frustrating moments regarding, well, work things that I won't get into specifically, but I had vented my frustration to a couple coworkers. What added to my fit was the phone ringing off the hook between 3:30 and 3:55 on a Friday when it had been pretty quiet all day. It was quite an afternoon and I was frazzled by the time I headed home.
Monday arrived and as soon as I walked in the door of my office, I was bombarded with this, that and the other. Turns out, in all the hustle and bustle and confusion of Friday afternoon, I, the great and perfect Sarah, made a few mistakes of my own. Snap. I hate it when that happens. And Friday I had been complaining about other people and their mistakes, etc.
I took it in stride. I owned my mistakes and laughed a little because instantly I thought of the speck-in-your-eye scripture, as I call it, referenced above. I was quickly reminded that while others may make mistakes, I am no different. And instead of ranting and raving about their imperfections, I better focus on my own.
No one likes to get busted like that, but every now and then, I guess, it's good for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment