I want you to imagine that the Unsolved Mysteries theme is on and their "Update" tag has splashed across the screen. Ha. I used to love that show. My friend I call Susan loved it too. Every now and then it will be on the Dish. I really can't tell if they're remakes of the old stories or new stories. It has a new host, but some of the stories look very dated. Regardless, if it's on, I watch or record it :)
I thought I would update my followers (ha, that still cracks me up) on a few things. If you've been faithful and totally wasting five minutes of your life daily reading my stories, you will remember these very important things.
#1, the tree that Madolyn plowed over with the 4wheeler and blamed on my mom's dog, Zip...it is still alive. Incredible. Jay went out there like a week later and took black electrical tape and wrapped it around the base. He said that he has done that in the past and it works. Okay. I didn't give it much of a shot, but would you believe, the tree is still green? Even without any rain, and I mean any, it is still green. There were a few branches at the very bottom that yellowed and died, but the rest of it remains. He ended up staking it up straight once he saw that it might make it. We shall see...but I'm thinking I want to be a pine tree when I grow up!
#2, the mattress is gone! And I have you to thank. If I hadn't posted about the mattress, I'm not sure we would have actually picked it up. Finally, after about a week or so of driving by and getting that sick feeling in my stomach called guilt, we loaded up the fam on Sunday and went to do a little Community Service (that's what I told the kids). Jay did all the work, but we all had to go. We put it in a dumpster and it is gone. Thank you for holding me accountable...I must behave now when I share my secrets...
#3, Meepie, our sole survivor, is still alive. Writing about him didn't jinx him after all. He's 13.5 years old and going strong. He hates the new puppy as much as he did the one before that and the one before that and the...well, you know where that's going.
#4, I'm still either very hot or very cold, love to eat and eat right now, enjoy my 32 oz Diet Pepsi every morning...and although the scrapbook for the 4H fair was completed, we still have approximately 6000 pictures sitting downstairs next to my small warehouse of scrapbooking supplies. I'm not giving up. I just need to get organized and start slow...yeah!
#5, sundaes and Sundays, well, I still really enjoy both. I can't quite give in to the whole do nothing on Sunday concept. I realize it's supposed to be a do-nothing-Sunday because of giving just one day to the Lord, but I cannot let go, not yet anyway. I would love to do nothing, but I need to be doing nothing for the right reasons...maybe someday.
#6, I am not writing a book. I love to read them, but I cannot put my thoughts together for such a task. Refer back to my very first post on this blog. It's not in me. I'm kinda like that SNL feature, was it random thoughts or whatever by Jack Handley...is that right? My mind...anyway, I go little by little. Big scares me...see post #4 about the mountain of pictures in my basement.
Thanks to those of you who follow this and encourage me. It really has been a fun way to share my memories and store them for my kids. And I get to voice my opinion without getting into an argument or having someone correct me. I can just delete your little correction or rash comment if I choose...haha. No, really, I wouldn't do that...well, at least not yet. Signing off...get that Unsolved Mysteries closing theme in your head...oh yeah...
No comments:
Post a Comment