Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Possible Campaign 2012 Announcement?

I must announce that members of my family may be hitting the campaign trail...at least that is my impression from comments that I have heard...and some repeatedly over the past few months.  So watch out.  Here are a few future candidates and their campaign promises:

The Quackdaddy tells me that when he becomes President, he is going to do away with texting.  "When I'm president, I'm outlawing texting."  If I have heard it once, I've heard that 100 times.  Seriously, he goes on and on about how he hates phones and despises texting.  The funny thing...he is on that cell phone ALL THE TIME.  It never stops ringing and he gets so mad because it never stops...but he always answers.  I tell him to turn it off, but he just can't do it.  I will call him, he will answer and then immediately tell me to hold on because he's making a turn in the field and cannot maneuver the tractor and the phone...okay, so do not answer the phone.  If it's an emergency, I will call back over and over and over until you answer. 

He constantly teases me about always being on the phone...not true, except for the one or two phone calls I get from HIM daily.  No one is on the phone more than the Quackdaddy...and my Grandma (well, before she went to the nursing home) and our friend I'll call "Chad."  (Honestly, now that I think about it, no one is on the phone more than Chad.  That boy needs a blue tooth.) 

Another funny on the Quack, he refuses to get a new phone because he refuses to sign a new contract.  If you saw his phone, you would probably get the sudden urge to go wash your hands or wipe your nose or something.  The last time he took it into Cell One, they told him they had never seen one look like that before.  His screen is so smashed that this yellow goo has oozed out over the top.  It is disgusting.  I would be so embarrassed to use it, but it doesn't seem to phase the Quack. 

The other presidential promise the Quackdaddy throws in there is his threat to do away with Diet Pepsi, which he knows will be the death of me...one way or another;)  So in turn, I keep telling my father that when I'm president, I will outlaw coffee.  He cannot function without his coffee, I cannot function without my 32 oz. Styrofoam cup fountain Diet Pepsi.  It could get nasty, this next presidential election, if dad and I can't work out our differences there.  And can't you just picture it?  Quackdaddy for President.  (There is a children's book, Duck for President!)

This morning I nearly fell over when I heard Jay tell our son, while studying spelling words, "When I'm President, I'm outlawing the letter C."  (Did he just quote the Quack?  Vice President candidate maybe?)  Jay thinks the letter C serves no purpose.  His statement in support of that is that we already have a K and an S, what good is the C?  Great, Jay, Lane is learning to read and spell, let's not confuse the boy.  I wanted to whisper in Lane's ear to tell his dad that if Lane becomes President, he would promise to do away with iced tea and horse racing!  That would've got him.  I certainly can't picture Jay running for president...it might really shake up thoughts on education and reading though, wouldn't it?  We would have to revise the alphabet song...

Fortunately for everyone, I cannot campaign nor run for any elected position because of my very important job with the State...haha...I'm cracking up on that.  I mean, God forbid, I would want to run for Library Board or School Board or Park Board...because it could possibly compromise my ability to type verbatim the words spoken in court???  I must remain impartial!   I mean what would happen if we had a defendant that had overdue books, way overdue, as in, I don't know, let's say telling the Librarian they don't have the books, they never had the books, and then, let's say, finding the books underneath the seat of your Grandma Great's truck nearly a year later...how could I possibly remain impartial and produce an accurate transcription with that kind of crud going on?  (Of course, that is entirely hypothetical about the overdue book scenario.)  Okay, whatever...it actually comes in a little handy at election time and I don't have to promise to put signs in my yard or pick sides publicly.  Yeah for me!

Town Hall Meetings and debates, the Quack dressed in camouflage, Jay sporting his horse racing silks, oh, this could be fun.  Stay tuned for more upcoming announcements concerning the Presidential Campaign 2012...your future could depend on it, especially if you like texting...or diet pepsi...or the letter C...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great laugh this morning! I'm going to have start listening closer to what people will outlaw as President. It is pretty funny.