"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20 (NKJV)
Yesterday was "See You at the Pole" and I decided late the night before that I wanted to go. I don't think I've ever been, can't remember if we had it when I was in high school or not. Amazingly enough, I got the kids ready and loaded up in time to catch it.
Honestly, I was a little hesitant, would anyone else be there, would they wonder why I was coming, would I make a fool of myself? The answer is, yes, others were there; maybe, they wondered why I was; and fortunately, I didn't make a fool of myself. My kids didn't want to get out of the car and I decided not to force them, but right before we started the prayer, Madolyn jumped out and ran over. I was tickled.
There were approximately 20-22 people there if I counted right in my head. I think there were ten teachers plus myself and the rest were students. I'm sure that several teachers or students forgot, were running late or maybe were a little hesitant as I was. I'm glad I went. It was lead by a senior from the high school. He is one of those kids that is likeable, a good athelete, good student and a Christian. What more could you want?! He told about the history of See You at the Pole, that it began in 1990 and it has continued to grow. We gathered hands, he started the prayer and we went around the circle. Donuts were offered to the students...it was over. (A big thank you to the teachers who came out...I hope your day went well. You are making a difference!!)
Madolyn and I got in the car. I told her I was glad she had decided to get out. She said she was too, that she couldn't make up her mind and finally just went for it. Good deal, girl. We talked that next year we would try to recruit others and double the crowd. I'm trying very hard to follow through with things I say I'll do...will you remind me a year from now, preferably sooner than the night before, that I want to recruit kids to pray at the pole? Seriously, anyone? You come too. Even though it was dreary out, I couldn't think of a better way to start the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment