Thursday, May 23, 2013

Doughboy

My little man loves bread.  He really likes the 'good kind' too.  Last week I bought the 'good kind' and it lasted about two days.  The good kind at our house would be a loaf of Sunbeam King Thin white bread. (My grandma always had Sunbeam King too.  I think Grandpa would settle for no less.)


Our little doughboy can't seem to get enough.  In this particular instance (shown below), he started out with five slices of bread.  It is a good thing he's mostly skin and bones; if I tried a stunt like this, I wouldn't be able to fit in my britches. 

I thought girls were supposed to be the carb-lovers.
I took this picture because it cracked me up.  I immediately thought of my brother.  He, too, loved bread...although he didn't need butter or anything else with it. It reminded me of a funny story about my brother and his love of bread. 
 
Many moons ago when my brother was younger, a friend was over.  The friend asked for a snack.  My brother graciously handed her a piece of bread.  I didn't witness this particular incident, but I can only imagine what went through this little friend's mind.  Of course, if she were anything like Lane or my brother, maybe it was a delightful treat!
 
I have had to put a limit on the bread consumption at the Wilhoit Ranch because every time I turn around, we're out of bread and it's because of my little doughboy.  If that doesn't fix the problem, I will revert to the cheap nasty white bread...that'll do it.

No comments: