Naughty Kitty is what this should be titled. The Outlaw Josie Wilhoit is a stinker. But we love her. It's kind of like your children. You know, they drive you absolutely crazy, sometimes you want to hurt them...and then they get sick or something and are lovey...Ha. No, seriously, Josie is so dern ornery and so lovable all at the same time.
She can scratch, bite and attack my hand with a vengeance, I will give her a
toss nudge and she'll return to give me kisses. What in the world? Sometimes we think she's bipolar or something.
 |
| Cozy kitty |
I've mentioned before how much she dearly loves heat. Meepie did too. She sprawls out on the furnace vent as soon as she walks by and realizes it's on. I'm not sure if she has figured out yet the sounds it makes, but she seems to make a beeline for it. Her new craze is the dryer. And I do think she has figured out the sound the door makes when it opens because no sooner have I opened the dryer door and she has nestled herself among the very hot clothes. She is so silly.
 |
| Playful kitty |
Josie and Hank have become quite the pair. They roll around and lick and love on each other. Of course, Josie is really attacking Hank, but because Josie is about one-twentieth the size of Hank, I'm sure it only feels like a tickle to him...and he just nuzzles and licks her. She doesn't seem to mind the extra bath.
 |
| Naughty kitty |
Josie has taken a liking to artificial flowers and it's driving me crazy. My spring bouquet hadn't been out more than 48 hours and she had located it...and it's on what I call our half-wall in the kitchen, which means she has to jump up on the table and then jump up on the wall...and in this cute little box (from Accents). She gets inside and she will relax and then chew on a fake bloom. Of course, I had to take a picture.
I went to Accent's Spring Fling and bought this cute little vase that looks like a pair of rubber boots...it's adorable...anyway, I bought some little flowers to put in it thinking that she wouldn't bother them... yeah, right. She likes those bright little flowers in the boots also. Every evening, I have to straighten them back up because she has pulled all the blooms down and they look saggy. What a dirty rat...but a cute one.
There is nothing she won't attempt to climb or a wall she won't try to scale. We have seen her sitting in the window and hanging from the window sill. We have seen her nearing the top of the curtains on the sliding doors and there are several small holes in the shower curtain up high. She's like a monkey.
 |
| Snuggly kitty |
We're still forced to keep our bedroom doors shut at night. If not, about 1:00 a.m. she will hop up on the bed and sit on my face. I'm not exaggerating either. If, if, I can get her to move, she still hogs the pillow and will occasionally lean over and lick my chin or cheek. She's relentless and adorable, but mama needs her sleep. Sometimes I am weak and think, oh, tonight she will sleep all night and be a good little kitty...nope. Out she goes.
Funny thing, when I get mad at Josie, for example, in the middle of the night, I catch myself yelling, "MEEPIE." I don't know why, but I guess it's out of habit.
 |
| Sweet kitty |
Now that the weather is perking up, we are letting her explore outdoors. She is loving every minute of it and we can hardly get her to return back inside. I see something that may come in very handy soon...Josie's ability to catch flies. She has been chasing and attacking flies for the past couple of days. It's hilarious to see her fly through the air. So maybe she will be good for something, other than just a sweet kitty...
1 comment:
She is getting SO BIG! And I love that spring flower planter thingy from Accents--VERY PRETTY!
Post a Comment