Friday, May 4, 2012

Pop Rocks!

Jay has been working nights this week.  After almost seven years of him working shiftwork, I am finally not a scaredy cat at night...but every now and then I get a little spooked.  Last night, after watching a Criminal Minds episode (maybe that's part of my problem), I finally drifted off to sleep.

All of a sudden something jarred me awake.  I was in that semi-deep sleep too, the kind where you wake up and feel like you've been asleep for hours and realize it's only been 20 minutes.  Ugh.  Anyway, the sound came from the living room.  It sounded like a quick blast of water.  I set straight up and went out to investigate.  Turned on the light and didn't see anything...except the Precious Hank the Tank II sitting by the patio doors.  He didn't look like he was up to anything, no new holes in the carpet, nothing torn to shreds that I could see.  I shut off the light and went back to bed.

I may have been on high alert because earlier in the evening, Madolyn thought Hank the Tank II needed his precious toe nails painted bright red...so she wrestled him to the ground and got the job done.  After the kids had went to bed and I was still up watching TV, I heard Hank chewing and licking.  Uh-oh, I'm gonna kill him if there is another hole in the carpet.  No hole.  He was chewing and licking his dew claw (I think that's what they're called).  I couldn't see any wound or sore, but he was all over it.  I was afraid he would chew it right off.  So I decided that maybe he didn't like the nail polish and was trying to lick it off.  I got the nail polish remover and a tissue and started removing the polish...that didn't seem to help so I just left it on.  It's a terrible-looking pedi now though because two nails are unpolished.  Poor guy.

Back to my original story...I get up this morning and notice on the living room floor next to Hank the Tank II's teething toy (which is a deer antler, YES, try it...it is better than any toy we have purchased, he CANNOT seem to destroy it no matter how hard he tries) and there were the remnants of some sort of package.  I didn't think about it until I walked past it a second time and leaned over to pick it up and throw it away.

Ah-ha...Hank the Tank II found Lane's stash of Pop Rocks candy and apparently enjoyed a package.  That was the sound I had heard last night, the Pop Rocks exploding inside his mouth!  Too funny.  I'm guessing the rest of Lane's stash is safe.  Hank may not be the smartest dog we've ever had, but he is entertaining and so stinkin' cute...

No comments: