"Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Ephesians 6:2-3 (NIV)
Just wanted to take the time to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmas, aunts, sisters and girlfriends out there. You know 'they' say it takes a village to raise a child, and I now believe it. I have been so blessed to have a wonderful mom, two fantastic grandmothers, several aunts, a great mother-in-law and many, many, many women who have been a great influence on my life.
I have been blessed that almost all the women in my life have been Christian women, women not afraid of their beliefs and their roles as such, and who have helped mold me into who I am today. (Yes, it is ALL your fault that I'm like this :) There have been so many women that I have been fortunate to have as mentors through our church family that I could make a list almost a mile long (well, maybe not that long but it would be long). I don't have a sister, but I have some terrific girlfriends who are as close to me as I think a sister might be, and I'm thankful for them this weekend as well.
If you're celebrating your first Mother's Day as a new mother, Congratulations. You will soon realize how not-so-crazy-after-all your mom is and that you do need her (and your mother-in-law) around. It's just one of those things you don't understand until you experience it (or at least that was my take on it)!
And to those who may be celebrating their first Mother's Day without their mother, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have a good friend who will be experiencing that this year, and I'm sure it will be very bitter-sweet for her.
So to all the moms here on this earth or up above in heaven and to the women who influence the lives of others, Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment