So I left you hanging there at the end of December, didn't I? Acted like I was going to quickly write about my Plexus journey and then there was nothing. Well, you should know by now it sometimes takes me a while to get with the program. I'm going to start by just telling you why and how I stumbled upon Plexus...
So last winter was not only an awful winter because of super cold temperatures and snow, but I felt terrible pretty much all the time. Most people would never have known because I just slap a smile on my face and carry on, but a majority of the time I felt awful all over. The weird thing is that I never got sick. I can't explain that at all. My kids were sick a couple times, Madolyn even had the nasty flu once real bad, but I remained free from those sicknesses somehow. At the time I kind of wondered if it was because I was cutting back on all the artificial sweeteners I had been consuming (a LOT). I don't know if that was part of it or not, but anyway...
In April, I decided I wanted to go get a physical. I hadn't had one for several years so I figured I was due. I see my OB/GYN regularly but I usually stick to the basics for that one, if you know what I mean. So I explained to my family doctor that I just felt awful all the time, I was tired, achy, my hips hurt, my back hurt, I just didn't feel like I thought I should feel when I was basically healthy. Nothing serious, nothing terribly painful, just annoying.
I don't know about you, but I always feel like a hypochondriac when I go to the doctor and start in with my symptoms and ailments. I feel like they just look at me like, uh-huh, really... I told her to just do the blood work and check me out - prove that I am a wimp so I can get over myself and move on.
And wouldn't you know, I had one abnormal finding so they referred me to a rheumatologist. This didn't come as a shock to me because auto-immune disorders run in my family, and about six years ago at a physical, a doctor had told me (based on what I was describing to her) that I could be a candidate for lupus down the road. Interesting.
I went to the rheumatologist in July. He was terrific. I explained to him that I was not seeking a diagnosis or medicine. I just wanted to go at whatever might be attacking my body full-throttle. Do what I could to minimize the symptoms and further progression. Based on what I told him, he thought it was probably nothing, early if anything and ordered more blood work.
And wouldn't you know, I had another abnormal finding in addition to the one I had before. Again, nothing major, more an indicator of something that could be going on, something to keep an eye on. He wanted more blood work in October and an appointment in December.
My third blood tests from early October indicated a higher level of whatever it was than the last time. Once again, nothing to fret over, but something to watch.
At my appointment in December we discussed the various blood test results and what conditions they could be indicative of down the road. He decided I probably had Sjorgren's Syndrome at the least which can't really be diagnosed 100% without some painful biopsy of the lip (no thank you). In the big scheme of things, this is very minor. My mouth is excessively dry, my eyes are dry and itch, etc.
He prescribed me a medicine to help with that...and told me not to take more than 3 a day or I might drool. He wasn't joking, I took one at work and drooled on my lap. I'm not a big fan of them. They make me dizzy and really, from dry mouth to drooling...I'm not sure which is worse at this point. Apparently, it's a good thing to tell your dentist...and possibly good for the dentist because at my cleaning, I came home with all kinds of products to help my dry mouth.
I have more blood work in a couple weeks and then I will return to him in March. I say all of this to get to my WHY of taking Plexus products.
Sometime probably in July or August, I started seeing a friend's posts about this Plexus stuff. You know how it is, you see the posts, you roll your eyes, skip over them and move on. You don't want to buy anything or read about how great something is because you know they're just trying to sell you something. I was soooo that person until...I read about this friend's dad. Her dad has Rheumatoid Arthritis, among other things, and has been ill for several years. He had started taking Plexus products in May and had great things to say.
Jay was also seeing these posts. Neither one of us are about quick fixes. We know (whether I live it or not) that exercise and a good diet are the one and only way to stay in good shape and be healthy. (At least as much as we have control over in that department.) Yes, I was trying to lose about ten pounds, but in reality, I was just wishing I felt better. Jay suggested I look into this Plexus stuff he kept reading about. So I did. And I'm now one of those crazy Plexus people.
Yes, I am going to post about Plexus weekly on my Facebook and drive people mad. If I hear you have an ailment that I think Plexus can help, I will hand you a brochure. I'm probably going to lose some Facebook 'friends' because of it. That is okay. I have super thick (and oily) skin. I can take it. And I may even find people darting the other direction when they see me - for fear I may bring it up, but I will not stop...Unless I see that the products are no longer working for me and my family, then I will back off. But as long as there are positive changes, you're going to hear about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment