Continuing on...I inquired at the December doctor visit if it was possible my numbers could go back down or even return to normal and he said yes. I'm very curious about that and cannot wait to see what my January labs show. When I had the blood work in October, I had only been taking the Plexus Slim for a couple weeks.
But here is what I can tell you about what I have noticed so far.
In mid-late September I started taking the Slim pink drink and the Accelerator. The Slim is a little packet of pink powder that you mix with about 8-10 ounces 30 minutes before breakfast each day. Thankfully, to me, it is delicious. I could drink it all day long, but it's way too pricey for that! And I guess 'they' say that the second one is only 40% effective as the first so it doesn't sound like it's worth it to double up anyway.
One of the core rules behind the Plexus products is drinking half your body weight of water (in ounces) each day. The water flushes out the toxins and junk that the Plexus products are working so hard to wipe away. The nice thing is that the Slim drink makes you crave water (at least to me) so it has not been a problem for me at all. (I suppose having the Sjogren's Syndrome a.k.a dry mouth doesn't hurt either, huh?) Regardless, I am chugging water all day long. I almost always have a bottle of water in my hand, at my desk, near my bed or in my purse.
By the time I began the Plexus Slim, I had cut my Crystal Lite with Caffeine intake to one a day (for the most part). I would mix one up as soon as I got to work and then force myself to drink water and unsweet tea. I had been doing that for a few months and it was going pretty well. I went ahead and drank a Crystal Lite on day 1 of the Slim, but decided not to on day 2 and I have not had one since. I do drink Diet Pepsi at the movie theater, Monical's Pizza and the local Mexican restaurant, but that is about it. Otherwise, it is water for me and would you believe I am okay with it? (I'm telling you if you would've told me a year ago I would drink water almost exclusively, I would have laughed at you.)
I do not miss my Crystal Lite with caffeine or all the artificial sweeteners I was consuming. At. All.
Within the first few days, I noticed a remarkable difference in my sleep. Sleep, for me, has been a struggle over the past few years. I can't explain it, but every now and then I will go through a phase where I cannot sleep. It is so frustrating because I know I need it, I just can't get it. When I realized I was actually sleeping, I was sold on the pink drink. I still hoped it would work other magic within my body, but the sleep factor was HUGE.
I remember at about week two realizing I wasn't craving junk all the time in the evenings, which was great. I'm a true junkie. I would trade a steak dinner for a half-gallon of chocolate ice cream any day. Just give me a spoon.
The Accelerator. I didn't think the Accelerator was doing a thing at first...so I switched it up and tried the Boost. My body does not handle medicines and things very well and the Boost and I were not friends. No worries, I went back to the Accelerator and realized it did way more than I ever realized by helping me to control my appetite. (It is supposed to help with your mood too. Of course, I think I'm always in the perfect mood...)
After continuing to research and read about Plexus products, I decided that the only way to really get myself healthy from the inside out was to start taking the Pro Bio 5 and the Bio Cleanse. From my reading, it seems that every human being should be taking these two products, unless you live in biblical times and/or have somehow not encountered man-made foods and drinks, stress, antibiotics, etc. If that is the case, please tell me how you do it.
Take a moment and Google "leaky gut" or "candida." Shocking to realize that something like Candida can cause such serious problems in so many people. All the while doctors are prescribing more and more medications and they really don't fix the core problem. I wonder if doctors would prescribe a good probiotic how many problems could be controlled or handled without prescription medication...
So in November sometime, I added the Pro Bio 5 and the Bio Cleanse to my Plexus regimen. That took some getting used to I will admit. Of course, being the all-or-nothing-kind-of-gal I am occasionally, I decided the directions were hogwash and started out full-boar with the Pro Bio. I quickly realized that was a mistake and backed it off (which was the correct advice and direction I had been given in the first place - Yes, I am one of those people, have to learn for myself).
In mid December I started taking the Block, which is their newest product and noticed right away amazing results. In roughly three weeks, I lost almost three inches off my waist. CRAZY! At this point I had lost about five pounds as well. For me, losing weight was something I hoped would come eventually, but I really was focused on getting my insides in order first.
Christmas came and I ate like a maniac. I have to say this because I have tested the theory - just because you're taking some really amazing Plexus products doesn't mean you can eat six rolls at a time, devour countless cookies and fudge, not exercise and be lazy. It's pretty magical, but NOT that magical. January 1 came along and I am serious again. Hallelujah.
Regardless of my failed eating/non-exercise plan, the other positive side effects remained.
In 2012, I rode a horse on a long ride and messed up my back and sciatica nerve, or whatever it is. I had never, ever had problems with low-back pain before in my life (except labor, which is how it felt to me). After that, it was constant. I have had several massages and visits to the chiropractor to loosen up the area and give me some relief. I took ibuprofen all the time for my various aches and pains. It just hit me a few weeks ago that I have not had that achy low back ache for weeks and I have not taken ibuprofen since maybe October.
Mid-November, I was beginning to prepare myself mentally for carpal tunnel surgery. My arms, wrists and hands were killing me. Even cutting back on the knitting (although it helped) did not ease much of the pain. I figured I would wait until January and then start exploring how that all worked. Here I am in January and I haven't even given that plan a thought for weeks. I have been knitting a lot too. My hands and wrists still get sore when I'm on a knitting binge, but nothing like they were a few months ago.
What have I done differently? Nothing except Plexus. There is nothing else I can say could possibly have attributed to those pains subsiding. Nothing. I know it sounds nuts. I know it sounds too good to be true. But I'm here to tell you, repeatedly, so far it is working for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment