Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Plexus Slim

The cornerstone of the Plexus family is the Plexus Slim a/k/a the Pink Drink.  The Slim is sold in a 30-day package.  The pink drink comes in packets similar to a Crystal Lite packet (the ones I used to be addicted to) and each morning approximately 30 minutes before breakfast, you mix it up with about 8-10 ounces of room-temperature water.  Now, that is my normal protocol.

Some people don't like it first thing in the morning or take Thyroid medications and need to drink it later in the day.  It is best to have it on an empty stomach.  So drinking it 30 minutes before lunch works too.  You need to drink it within 30 minutes or so of mixing it up.

It is best mixed with room-temperature water.  It clumps easily if the water is too cold.  If you prefer to have it cold, mix the Slim with a little bit warmer water and then add cold water or add ice cubes.  I use a straw or fork to mix it up if I don't shake it to death in a bottle of water (which is my norm).

Now for the nitty gritty.  Plexus Slim is all-natural, sweetened by Stevia, GMO and gluten-free.  It has been shown to help people lose weight and inches by burning fat (not muscle).  Slim helps keep blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipids at healthy levels.  Slim aids in reducing binge eating and increases willpower over food.  The pink color in the drink is from beet root.  (Yuck, I hate beets, just ask my mom!  But you can't taste it in here, I promise.)

Many of those taking the Slim drink have been able to reduce or eliminate prescription medicines of all sorts - blood pressure, thyroid, anxiety, medicines for type 2 diabetics, migraines, ADHD.   Yes, the Slim has been shown to help kids with ADHD, which is amazing.  To be able to have your child drink 8-10 ounces of a harmless drink over years and years of ingesting harmful medication, that may have unpleasant side effects...I would like to think that if I had a child with ADHD, I would at least try it.

The following are the ingredients for the Slim:

Chromium      200mcg
Proprietary blend:
-Chlorogenic Acid (from Green Coffee Caffea arabica Bean) Extract (contains less than 2% natural caffeine)
-Garcinia cambogia Fruit Extract
-Alpha Lipoic Acid
Other Ingredients:
-Polydextrose,
-Citric Acid
-Natural Flavors
-Beet (Beta Vulgaris Root) Extract (for color)
-Stevia (Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf) Extract
-Luo Han Guo (Siraitia Grosvenoii Fruit) Extract

The Slim drink is safe for people of all ages.  I just watched a video the co-developer of the products made and he said there are even people who mix 1/5 of a packet of Slim in their baby formula.  That amazed me, but as people have said over and over again, this drink is safe.  I've seen quotes from doctors that review the ingredients who say something along these lines repeatedly, "Give it a try, there is nothing in there that will hurt you."

Of course, if you are on medication or are having serious health concerns, you should always consult your physician first.  The ingredient list for all Plexus products are available for the world to see. They are not trying to hide anything.

Personally, I love the Slim taste.  But I loved the Crystal Lite packets and anything else I could drink to steer clear from plain 'ole water.  I am still shocked at how much water I drink.  I know that my coworkers and friends from Lawrenceville would never believe that I don't carry around a 32-ounce gas station Diet Pepsi in a Styrofoam cup. It is how I greeted them each morning at the courthouse - cup in hand.  Every single day for eleven years.  I can hardly believe it myself.  Now, I carry four or five water bottles into the courthouse each morning.

(I have read many stories about the Slim helping people break their addictions to pop or soda.  The craving for it goes away.)

By far, the Plexus Slim is my new best friend (next to Jay, of course) and my most favorite product... although I have some very close seconds to tell you about.

No comments: