When compared to someone with high intelligence, I will not measure up. I'm not overflowing with vast knowledge one might gain from higher education and lots of reading (non-fiction). But I can tell you how to get a cow off a bridge.
Earlier this week an out-of-town (northerner) attorney was in court and we were casually talking. He mentioned that he had been in a county in Illinois and there was a cow 'stuck on a bridge.' The expression on my face had to have been a good one. And he went on to explain that, there was a big cow literally standing on a bridge and no one could figure out how to get it off there. Traffic was at a standstill.
These are the moments when I feel really smart. They don't happen very often, but when they come around, I must admit I love it.
And without being a smart aleck (which I have been known to be a time or two), I said, "Get a bucket of feed." He gave me a puzzled look. "Get a bucket of feed, and I bet that cow would follow you anywhere you want to go."
It's times like these when I appreciate the fact that although I'm not 'book smart,' I have lots of life skills and common sense from being raised on a farm in a small community. Don't ask me about the city or another country's geography - I will be dumbfounded. Ask me how to get a cow off a bridge, and I'll hand you a feed bucket.
1 comment:
Love it! And just so you know, you are my number 1 go-to gal for all kinds of questions, so you are way smarter than you give yourself credit for. ;-) I miss having you only a courtroom away!
Post a Comment