Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3 (NKJV)
It was one of those days from the very moment the alarm started buzzing...actually, it began at 3:30 a.m. when I was startled awake from a nice, deep sleep by my sweet son who has a nasty sore throat and was crying. Time for some meds. I'm one of those that has a hard time going back to sleep, but I gave it a shot.
Today was an early departure day for me because of piano lessons and dropping kids off for bible club. Had to get ready and around by 6:45. I was rushed, frazzled. Jay is texting, kids are texting, another parent is texting. Yes, I'm coming.
Next text from Madolyn, who stayed at home to get ready while I went to get someone, "dog made a huge mess..." Fabulous. I'll have to run home at lunch and get that taken care of.
I pick up and drop off children to various locales and decide that I have approximately 40 minutes until I need to be at work...I will return home and clean up dog mess and get it out of the way. More rushing.
I make it and am able to slip some toast in the toaster for my ride to work. I'm already exhausted and the day has barely begun. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste, toast and my cell rings...
I see who the caller is. Everything is in perspective now. It wasn't the call I was expecting, it was good news, sort of. No funeral to attend just yet. Maybe it's not such a bad morning...
Today I'm thankful for those people, places and things that make me frazzled and rushing.
1 comment:
:-)
Post a Comment