Can you tell I'm distracted by other things? I must admit, I have an addictive personality apparently. It's a darn good thing I've never been into drugs. I cannot control the knitting. I love it. I love to buy yarn. I buy yarn and think, okay, I don't need to even look at another skein of yarn until I have used up what I have...and then Joann Fabric's online calls my name, or the best store ever, The Yarn Studio, in our neighboring town, has their 20% off sale.
Jay commented last week that if the delivery people knew they were delivering a box of yarn to my doorstep, they would be mad. I say no, they wouldn't, it's job security. And furthermore, they deliver pig semen to our house...I can't imagine that yarn is worse.
How much stuff can one person knit? Lots of things! In a 24-hour period this past weekend, I completed three pretty cool hats. THREE. And I did other things. It wasn't like I just sat down and did nothing but knit...but I completed three hats.
I have stacks and stacks of yarn and books and patterns. The internet is so awesome, I can print off all the free patterns I want. There is no limit...except that the binder I started is about to bust. I'm going to have to go for the two or three-inch thick binder. The little one will hardly hold my tab labeled "Hats."
I would like to try some new harder stuff soon, but feel like a lesson with the knitting guru is in order before I begin that. I tried to make a fingerless glove...and I got the fingerless part right...but had no hole for the thumb. Hmm.
Jay has told me that I mustn't knit things for people without them asking because not everyone wants a wardrobe full of knitted wonders...so if anyone is desirous of a hat, scarf, cowl, infinity scarf, etc...let me know what you would like!
3 comments:
You can knit something for me any day. I don't think Jay knows what he is talking about!
I agree with Beth! Jay doesn't know what he is talking about. I had a binder too but pages were always tearing. I started storing PDG's on my Kindle Fire and now my iPad mini. It's awesome!
Me me me! :-)
Post a Comment