Just a follow-up to my 2014 perspective on Adam & Eve. As I continued to read on in Genesis, I was struck by the simplicity (but very strong message) of that story and how it could be so pertinent in today's culture.
God told Adam (and Eve) not to do something, but they did it anyway and guess what? They had to pay the price for it. It wasn't pretty either. What had been set up to be a life of perfection was now...pain during child birth, shame, soil filled with weeds, hard work and pain.
I saw someone post something on Facebook similar to this: We put a dog down when it bites a human, causing injury, pain and suffering. Yet, when a human does the same thing...
That is a pretty harsh statement maybe, but stepping back and thinking about it, hmm, it kind of makes sense. Have we lost sight of a very simple concept?
Maybe we should go back to the basics. If you do something wrong, you face the consequences. Stop blaming someone else and take responsibility for your actions.
And I think to myself, Oh, if only it were that easy, and yet, maybe it is...
No comments:
Post a Comment