Friday, May 2, 2014

More of my weirdness

So I've already let the cat out of the bag about the split-ends...I have another one.  I am addicted to hand lotion.  I'm serious when I say that I apply hand lotion approximately 12-15 times a day, or more, depending on my activities.

It's not a germ thing, it's a feeling thing.  If my hands come in contact with any water whatsoever, I must immediately apply hand lotion.  If I don't, I get goosebumps and cannot think about anything else until I can get my hands on some lotion.  I can't stand the feeling!  I always carry lotion in my purse.  I keep lotion at each sink in the house and at my desk.

For me washing hands and applying lotion go hand-in-hand.  Unless it is an extreme situation, I will even skip hand-washing if I don't have lotion available.  I know, some of you are probably grossed out by that, but it's the truth.  I will use Germ-X as an alternative if it is around...it doesn't moisturize quite as much as the lotion, but it's better than nothing.

I've finally realized that I must wear gloves when doing any kind of hard labor with a shovel or pitchfork.  It didn't click with me until Jay said it - my hands are so moisturized, they won't tolerate the abrasiveness of a rough, wooden handle.  Makes sense.  I get blisters on my hands pretty easily.  Jay doesn't.  But have you seen or felt those hands?  Yikes.  His hands are like that of a 220-grit piece of sandpaper.  I tease him that he could exfoliate my face (if I would let him put those hands on my face-Yuck).

You would think that I would prefer fancy lotion, or lotion that has a good aroma, nope, not really.  I prefer the cheap Suave Cocoa Butter & Shea available at Walmart.  I will use other lotion, but that is my lotion of choice...which is a good thing because I can buy it almost anywhere and it is inexpensive.

Thankfully, excessive knitting doesn't cause blisters or callouses on my soft hands because I can't soak myself in lotion and then knit - I wouldn't be able to hold onto the needles.  That would be a catastrophe. Actually, it would probably be a deal breaker!





1 comment:

apronsandappetites said...

I can't believe this!! I am the same exact way!!!! If my pinkie touches water... where's the lotion? Everyone says I have super soft hands, and that is why. I lotion them up constantly. Have lotion in purse? oh, yeah.

You're a mini-me!!!!