Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New You, I mean - Year!

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10 (NKJV)

Can you tell that I'm taking a blog break?!  I'm hoping someone has noticed.  Maybe not.  That's okay too. 

Tomorrow is 2014, a new year.  I've already made one resolution:  to knit more.  I know I can do this.  And it's probably the most excited I've been about a resolution because I know I can do it.  It's like saying, I resolve to eat junk, more chocolate and be lazy.  If I said that, I know I could accomplish it, but that's not really good for me.

Of course, I'm vowing to make healthier choices, exercise, read my bible more, etc.  Why not?  We should always strive to improve our lifestyle, right? 

It's when we stop wanting to do better that becomes the real problem.  If you are in a slump right now, please pray and ask God to help you out of it.  Not because a new year begins tomorrow, but because you are alive.  Any day can be a fresh start.  God gave us the gift of life and we're to live it abundantly.  God deserves our best and so do you. 

No matter what you're going through right now, there is hope in Jesus Christ - Yesterday, today and in 2014.

Happy New Year, Friends!

No comments: